Thunderbirds Christmas Jumper Competition Terms & Conditions
Entrants must be 18 or over. The entries must be entered individually.
Employees and their immediate families of Anderson Entertainment (the Promoter), its agents or anyone else professionally associated with this promotion are excluded.
Participants can enter two designs maximum and must follow the mandatory guidance laid out by The Promoter, which requests the following:
Stage One entry to the competition must be made directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 31 July at 23:59 BST.
These entries will then be shortlisted through a judging process.
Any late entries received after the closing date will not be judged as part of the process. No purchase necessary.
The final winner will receive:
- The opportunity for their design to be adapted and produced as a Christmas jumper (or a related product) to be sold on The Promoter's website.
- Your name included on campaign material and exposure in the Promoter's digital content.
- A prize package worth £500.
At least one of the judges will be independent of the Promoter.
The judging criteria will be based on the judging specifications laid out in the briefing document, which is:
We are looking for a striking Thunderbirds design to be our 2022 Christmas jumper. We've had two designs before which you can find on our website. Christmas jumpers tend to be eye-catching, pretty striking, and won't be for everyone - so feel free to have fun. The design must be four colours only, plus a base colour (usually a dark blue, dark grey or black). Otherwise, you can have at it and be as creative as you like!
The final product will be available to pre-order in November 2022, and will ship in December 2022.
The final design will need to be worked through with the Promoter, and may be amended to work best with manufacturing restrictions.
COPYRIGHT AND RESTRICTIONS IN RELATION TO ARTWORK AND STATEMENT
By participating in the promotion, the entrants licence and grants the Promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that their entry shall not have been previously published or exploited in any part and that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
Entrants are not permitted to send anything (whether the artwork and/or rationale) which:
- is defamatory, private, confidential, embarrassing, offensive, an infringement of any third party rights (e.g. someone else's copyright or trade mark), obscene, violent, racist, pornographic, indecent, vulgar, hateful, threatening, harassing, false, unfair, illegal or misleading,
- may cause alarm, upset or distress, or
- may damage or interfere with the Promoter's or another person's computer systems; or
- is otherwise unlawful.
All the artwork entered will be checked by the Promoter's team.
Furthermore, the Promoter reserves the right to reject any material received it deems, at its sole discretion, to be unsuitable content.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY WHAT DATA WILL WE COLLECT?
- Personal data about all entrants: In running the competition, we will be collecting your name and email. We will also hold the statement you submit, outlining your rationale for producing your artwork.
By entering the Promotion, the winners acknowledge that they may be required to participate in publicity relating to the promotion without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the entrants’ name and/or, statements made by the entrants concerning the Promotion and/or prizes and photographs taken as part of the Promotion. Furthermore, winners agree that their name and county will be used within the published winners’ list.
Why do we process your Personal Data?
- In relation to the entrant’s personal data, we process your Personal Data in order to run the Promoter collaboration
- We process personal data about the winners in order to:
- Fulfil the prizes
- Market the winning designs, the campaign and the Promoter's brand
- Arrange future opportunities for winners
Who can access your Personal Data and why?
We limit the disclosure of your Personal Data to others, however we do need to disclose your Personal Data in certain instances and mainly to the following recipients:
- Third parties engaged by us to provide services such as administering the competition, fulfilling the prizes and conducting any marketing, subject to appropriate protections; and
- Relevant public agencies and authorities, if required to do so by law or a legitimate business interest.
Transfer of your personal data
We may process your Personal Data outside of the country in which you are based (including countries outside the European Economic Area) for the purposes set out in this notice. When we transfer your Personal Data to other countries, we take reasonable steps to ensure that applicable laws are being followed.
What are your rights over your Personal Data?
Whenever we ask you to provide us with any Personal Data, you will be told why we need it and how it will be used. Your Personal Data will only be processed for the purposes set out in our Privacy Notice, or any other further purposes notified to you before the processing begins. If you choose not to provide Personal Data when we ask you, this may limit your ability to participate in the competitions.
If you share Personal Data with us, you have a right to (i) request access (i.e. to ask us what data we have about you, and obtain a copy), (ii) request for changes to be made, (iii) request to have the data deleted (iii) assert your right to object to the processing. This can be done by contacting us.
You can make a complaint. If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy or misuse of your Personal Data by us you can contact us to make a complaint. We hope we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your Personal Data. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to competent data protection authorities.
Data security and retention
We use a variety of measures to keep your Personal Data confidential and secure, including restricting access to your Personal Data on a need to know basis and following appropriate security standards to protect your data.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data is only processed for the minimum period necessary (no longer than 90 days from the date of the winners being announced) in connection with: (i) the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice; (ii) any additional purposes notified to you at or before the time of collection of the relevant Personal Data or commencement of the relevant processing; or (iii) as required or permitted by applicable law; and thereafter, for the duration of any applicable limitation period. In short, once your Personal Data is no longer required, we will destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
Anderson Entertainment acts as “controllers” of your Personal Data that is processed under, or in connection with, this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice or Anderson Entertainment Personal Data collection and processing practices, please contact us, or mail us.
The entry instructions form part of the Terms & Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to accept and be bound by the Terms & Conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any point during the promotion if circumstances make this unavoidable.
- Any breach of these Terms & Conditions will result in the forfeit of entry.
- The Promoter's decision is final and binding.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- English law applies and the English and Welsh Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with the interpretation and application of these terms and conditions.
Promoter: Anderson Entertainment, The Corner House, 2 High Street, Aylesford, Kent, ME20 7BG